With so many security companies in Houston to choose from it can be tough to weed out the good from the bad. And when it’s a matter of protecting your property, you definitely want to make sure you hire a reputable business.
Our team at MP Security has listed 10 surefire tips to ensure you hire a good security company that you can trust.
- Look at their experience. Focus specifically on projects that are similar in focus to yours.
- Review how many years each company has been in the business, their past performance, and past clientele. And don’t focus too much on big names – the quality of their work is more important.
- Visit websites and take note of the ease of navigation, the content, and the “About Us” sections. That last one is the most important – a lack of information is a red flag.
- Ask about information relating to professional associations that the company’s management team is connected to. Serious companies will be associated with ASSIST and the Texas Bureau of Private Security.
- Ask and review each company’s marketing materials, such as capability statements and brochures.
- Request insurance levels – 1 million in general liability is the minimum.
- Review experience in management and executive leadership.
- Examine each private security company’s social media accounts and note reviews, content, followers. Be sure to look at Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
- Ask about guard training programs and make sure they include observation, reports, communication, use of force, arrest law, tort law, incident management, constitutional law, criminal law, bomb identification, and evacuation.
- Look at pricing last, after you’ve taken everything else into consideration. This is important – cheap pricing is tempting, but it’s not as important as quality work.
Get the Security Services You Need